Monday, February 23, 2009

Easy Street Cafe



   This great little corner cafe is literally inside a music store.  When we were seated and I started looking at their menu, I thought "yes, these people get it."  I first looked for their coffee vendor and like a good Seattle cafe, their coffee was from a local roaster and NOT Starbucks, thank you very much!  I actually wrote it down but of course that piece of paper is long gone.  What matters is that it was good and only $1.  Seriously.  


So what makes a breakfast place "get it?"  Well for one, they had an extensive menu with choices for veg heads as well as meat lovers and not just your token, "we'll throw these in so we don't get complaints about not having options," but they have a great selection of everything.  Also, they have a section for lighter appetites so if you're not the trucker appetite type, you don't have to feel bad about wasting food or paying for it, for that matter.
They had my favorite combo of french toast with eggs and a side of meat (the Lil' Kim) for a reasonable price.  I can't tell you how hard it is to find that combo on a menu.  They had my vote right away.  My husband had the Beck omelet.  He loved the veggie bacon.  He was pleased except that there was a little too much sour cream.

All the staff look like rock stars, fitting.  Our server was very sweet and attentive.  If I lived in the neighborhood I would be there every weekend.  It's just that kind of place.



Welcome to the best little record store, coffee bar, and diner in West Seattle! The cafe is open from 7am to 3pm every day. 4559 California Avenue SW (206) 938-EASY 


















easystreetonline.com

No comments: