Sunday, February 21, 2010

Little Red Bike Cafe (CLOSED...for now) :(



My sister heard about this place from someone who said it was their favorite breakfast place other than The Tin Shed. I figured they must have good taste, so we decided to find it and try it out. I was delighted to find out that it is located just off of Interstate in North PDX, because it is so close to Vancouver. Maybe I can get some of my local Couverites, who think Portland is "so far" to go here.



It is a little more quaint than I was expecting. It is actually more of a coffee shop that happens to serve breakfast. Their main breakfast choices are sandwiches, but they are scrumptious. You can always order items a la carte if you're not into sandwiches, but I highly recommend you give one a try. I always say you can tell when someone starts a business to make money and when they start a business because they love good food. These people love good food. One hint is that they pair things that you would never think of putting together like a fig spread on eggs, and the experience is exquisite. Like in the movie Ratatouille, "you can't just hork it down..."

Ok, last but not least, the coffee. Locally roasted, (check) smooth and velvety experience to the taste buds, (check) crafted with artful brilliance, (check). Loved it. And get this, the owner of the Courier Coffee Roaster, delivers fresh coffee beans in jars to people's door step by bicycle. If you live in the area, you should definitely check him out.

4823 North Lombard St. (between Fiske and Jordan)

Portland, Oregon 97203

3 comments:

Ty said...

I'm just impressed with the beautiful food spreads they provided you!

Unknown said...

After Reading the article. I am really impress.
astrologer in Delhi

Unknown said...

Such a different kind of information. amazing
Name Correction by Numerology