Monday, November 15, 2010

City State Diner Coffee

Ok this is going to be a short post but I had to get this one on here. I had never heard of this place. I'm surprised how many places I just come across on accident, that end up being new favorites. My husband and I walked by City State when we were looking for the restaurant I had just bought a Groupon to, but had never been to. I was hoping this was the restaurant, it wasn't, but I made a mental note that they served breakfast. We came back the next day, which was Sunday.

I loved the little place upon walking in the door. We were seated immediately, I love that. It is definitely a favorite to many others besides myself, as it stayed busy the whole time we were there, but there didn't ever seem to be be people waiting. Although we were seated in the back so maybe I just missed the line. I actually didn't have any coffee here believe it or not. I didn't recognize the name of their coffee vendor, hopefully that meant it was local. My sister had a mocha and loved it, and she is a hard to please mocha drinker. My husband and I split the hazelnut french toast breakfast, four slices of challah bread, two eggs and a choice of meat. Those of you who have read this blog for any amount of time know that is my perfect breakfast, and is very hard to find, another reason they are a new favorite!

They serve breakfast all day, everyday and they open at 8AM. This is a great place for you solo breakfasters that just want to read your paper and not be bothered with conversation that early in the morning. City State is located on a quaint street, just off of burnside with a few cute little shops nearby. If you end up getting something savory for breakfast, save room for a scrumptious fresh donut just down the street at Staccato Gelato. Yum!














128 NE 28th
Portland, OR 97232
Neighborhood: Northeast Portland
(503) 517-0347citystatediner.com

2 comments:

Christopher Abad said...

i like your blog.

Jackie P said...

I recently read a blog about the best breakfast spots in Portland. Between that blog and yours, I think all of Portland is covered :)