Thursday, September 14, 2006

Small town breakfast nook...

UPDATE Feb. 20, 2010: Henry's is now closed and has been reopened as Broder, a Swedish restaurant. They have great breakfast I'll try to do a post soon.


Thanks to the recomendation of a fellow blogger and I'm assuming, breakfast lover, I found Henry's Cafe.
It felt a little like we were seated in a glorified hallway, but all in all the atmosphere was welcoming. The staff here are friendly and helpful.
I have to say I wasn't too impressed with the food, but I did only try one item, an omelet. It was a little too buttery, is that a word, buttery? They did have a great selection though, made with organic, locally grown produce, that is a plus for me. I will have to try something else next time.
I would definitely go back just because of the area it is located. It makes you long to go back to that small town you never knew.

2508 SE Clinton St Portland, OR 97202-1239Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is it???!!!

coffeeGirl said...

Oops sorry! Thanks for letting me know. I've updated the post with Henry's address.

Anonymous said...

hm - the link didn't work. it might be a good addition to your blog to add quick info like hours that breakfast is served and the phone.